Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Little Zoo - (a little dream)

Ring, ring, my telephone rang
a fish came to my door
a little toad was in the road
a star was on my floor

Sir, sir! the young fish said 
a bee is on my back!
I said oh my, would you like me to try
to put it in a sack?

The little toad dodged to and fro
and hopped up to my house
he came inside and then he tried
to eat that bee, the louse!

The star said leave that bee alone
he's a beautiful creature of God
if you would eat him as a treat then
on you bigger things will trod!

Ring, ring, my telephone rang
and a man came on the line
my little zoo has gone have you
seen any little sign?

When I awoke I was alone
but a bump from a sting arose
I smelled like fish and made a wish
to get rid of the wart on my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment