Friday, October 2, 2015

Already There

She sits beside the window
  and stares into the night
   I ask if she'd prefer the porch;
     she smiles and says she might

She's lost inside her own world, progressed beyond my own
I'd ask if she needs company
but I think she'd rather be alone

Inside she begins to let go
  the pressure she felt no longer grows
the wind inside her mind begins to blow and blow
  leaves me far behind 
and takes her far away

Reflecting in her eyes
   I see a star that flashes
     I'd ask her if her dreams are there
       but too quickly the moment passes

At last she breaks her silence, the wind now in her hair
and so I ask her where she'd go
if she could go anywhere

'maybe to the mountains, maybe to a fair
maybe to the islands
or maybe
I'm already there'

Today her eyes shine brightly
   on her sweet face there's a smile
      but the front porch and the evening sky
        still call to her
once in a while


1 comment:

  1. October not starting with a chuckle, is it. Love it all, Tim... Silly or sobering.

    ReplyDelete