Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Showers

Showers in April
fall on my lawn
Showers in May
we always count on

Showers in June
in the first part, expected
Showers in July
anytime objected

Showers in August
dowse the State Fair
Showers in September
I think we had a pair

(A pair-- hmm
if you had two pears you'd have
a pair of pears.
If you had two of something that you really loved you'd have 
a pear of a pair.
if you cut up your fruits with a knife you'd have 
a pared pair of pears or 
a pair of pared pears)

Showers in October
are in the forecast
Showers in November
come and go so fast

Showers in December
Christmas is snowy
Showers in January
remind me of Joey

(Joey was a guy I knew who couldn't laugh without sneezing
everytime I told him a joke he'd sneeze and say
'that wasn't funny' but I knew he thought it was
because he always sneezed when he laughed
But, could he sneeze without laughing, you ask? 
Good question. 
Anyway, we lived together for awhile and once I said
'I'm going to go take a shower for an hour with a flower'
Joey sneezed. I'm pretty sure it was January.)

Showers in February
bite you on the nose
Showers in March
are ones I oppose 

(Suppose I oppose the throes of this prose?
I chose how it goes; I enclose my compose
I predispose to interpose, juxtapose, and foreclose
those on their toes expose what I knows.)

Showers are real
Showers are fun
I'm all out of gas
I believe that I'm done.

(done...hmmm....oh, never mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment