Thursday, October 29, 2015

Love is a Stranger (in a car alone)

Last night I took another drive in my car
trying to get into the right frame of mind to talk to you
why can't I talk to you?

Yes, the stars were out; yes, there was a crescent moon
Yes, it was an easy drive to the top of the hill
it's always quiet at the top of the hill

It's nights like these that take me back in time
looking down on the lights that made me passionately blind
grabbing all the luck and the love I could find

let's take the back road down....

Love is a stranger in a car alone
feels so empty but I'm just five miles from home
and I want to talk to you

Somehow when these summer nights call
I see things that aren't real, or I see nothing at all

The stars they twinkle so relentlessly
I count on the morning sun to be equal,
reassuring me

but the moon is yet to go down and the warm wind swells
and the night just waits
because it knows me so well

No comments:

Post a Comment