Thursday, October 22, 2015

Freeman Takes a Turn

It was my turn, so I pulled up my pants 
notched up my belt
took a deep breath and then exhaled
put one hand on my chin and the other on the side of my head
and twerked my neck

I reached down and touched my toes with my hands
stretched for a bit
pulled up my socks and kicked my feet
I put my hands on my hips and did a little faux-Irish jig
wiggled my hips

I took several big knees high, slow steps
touched my elbows
rotated at the waist and neck
looked over each shoulder at the opposite side of the play field
peered at Freeman

"Now it's your turn to try to turn a phrase,"
I laughed out loud
stuck out my fingers and counted,
"10 syllables in line one, 4 in the second, 8 in the third,
16 and 4!"

Freeman took his turn but he blew it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment