Monday, October 19, 2015

Wee Little Man Goes For a Walk

The wee little man put on his coat
He told his wife he was going for a walk
She tried to give him a grocery tote
to bring home items, the pantry to stock

But he said, "no, I'll not do that.
My walk is my own. But I'll come back
with some treasures for you in my hat
but I won't take with me your grocery sack."

"But I need some flour and sugar and oil!"
cried his poor wife with her hand on her hip
"and I need some eggs and onions to boil!"
he didn't listen, just walked out side and gave her the slip

'Argh,' he thought, as he skipped over stone
'must I always be at the mercy of my wife?
she's always demanding and what's mine is her own
at least out here peace is my life.'

Just then his eye caught a beautiful yellow
a flower that hung off a bush near his race
and from it dripped honey, subtle and mellow
he picked it and into his hat it was placed

as he walked he passed an old almond tree
with nuts large and ripe, a hundred or more
he placed in his hat I'd say ten or twenty
and wondered what else he might look for

in the next small tree he saw a bird's nest
a Robin's, I suppose, with little blue eggs
he found an egg on the ground, which was best
for he couldn't reach the branch with wee little legs!

he came round a bend, and found a purple flower
considered it closely, and decided it was Allium
into his hat it went: quite a store for the hour
what riches he had--better than gallium!

he decided that his walk had certainly cheered him
so he turned back to the way that he came
to his house. when he left it had certainly feared him
that his wife was so crabby and always the same

he walked in the door and held out his hat
and showed her the bountiful and promised treasure
she hugged him tight and friends that was that
the rest of the day was bountiful pleasure



No comments:

Post a Comment