Saturday, October 10, 2015

Late Last Night

late last night not long after my covers were destroyed
I had myself a dream in which I found myself employed
as a Ford Ranchero; rightly, I was mucho overjoyed
and I took a trip out west

driving down the country road the flames were in my eyes
I'm sure I saw a vulture starin' down from smokey skies
he said he wasn't hungry but I know he alway lies
looking for a tasty test

I shooed him away and then I drove out to the ocean
where a whale the size of Haystack Rock asked me for some lotion
he said he skin was sensitive unless he stayed in motion
so he could never rest

I left him a blubberin' whilst I headed for the hills
this side of Mississippi you know there are no bigger thrills
because in Mississippi hills are just the size of pills
even when they're at their best

rolling 'round and 'round in bed I sweatily awoke
my wife she had her finger poised to give my side a poke
she said she heard some name that in my sleep I may have spoke
and so I readily confessed

'I was a car, I saw some flames, a vulture tried to eat me
A dry-skinned whale down at the beach used car oil to complete me
an offended pill the size of Biloxi wanted to defeat me
no wonder the bed is messed!'

I wiped my brow, kissed her chin, and said to her discreetly
'my dream and nighttime voices do not always come out neatly'
we fell asleep, ah dreamless, in each other's arms so sweetly
now aren't you impressed?




No comments:

Post a Comment