Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Cooktop Joe

Cooktop Joe
what a guy
I think I know but don't know why
Cooktop Joe can make a pie

See him work
see him fly
those around him, it's no lie,
love to see him deep fat fry

"fry, man, fry"
the children say
he gives them free fries everyday
because he's scared they'll go away

Cooktop Joe
sautes a lot
he puts those mushrooms in his pot
and waits until they get so hot

and then he adds
a little batter
to make the 'shrooms a little fatter
you disagree? What's s'matter?

Cooktop Joe 
has a recipe
a tablespoon of oil, of butter, three!
a little cream for felicity

all in all
it takes its toll
that deep-fried butter-mushroom roll
drowned in cream sauce in your bowl

heavy eyes
and reverie
who could make this devilry
taste like something heavenly?

Cooktop Joe
cooks a lot
and on my shirt there is a spot
to remind me, lest I forgot

Is he the best?
It's food for thought
his talents are a melting pot
I'm here for seconds; hey, why not?



No comments:

Post a Comment