Sunday, October 18, 2015

Touch

I don't know why I touched the sky
it wasn't on purpose, it wasn't nearby
I didn't mean to do it, it just happened to me
as quick as a fox, as fast as a flea

I'm a little nonplussed with all I've touched
Though I've touched many things like slugs and such
I've touched the red rubies of a monk on a mountain
I've touched the jujubes of a freak in a south land

I once touched the fingers of a black praying nun
I touched the outstretched arms of a tree reflection
I touched the back of a green garden spider
I touched the lack of trouble inside her

I've touched everything that I've ever come by
but I don't know why I touched the sky

once in a river I touched the nose of a trout
I touched fire in my yard, and then it went out
The ear of a clown I believed I could touch
but it turned into wax: that, I hated so much

I touched the tears of a child who started to cry
I touched a bee and he touched me, oh @%#$* my!
I touched the left side of a right-sided cow
I touched him again, but I'll never say how

I've touched everything from May to July
but I don't know why I touched the sky

the moral to this story is 'touch what you can'
become the biggest sense-of-touch fan
touch all the Reubens that are krauted on rye
touch all the bones and the wandering glass eye
touch all the big plants as well as bonsai 
then touch a sweet piece of boston cream pie

touch all you want and don't ever lie
But I'm warning you-- do not touch the sky!

for if you do, then you've done all you'll do
to the rest of your dreams you'll bid sad adieu 
there's just nothing left so don't even try
and that's why I'm sorry I touched the sky

I wish I knew why 







No comments:

Post a Comment