Tuesday, November 10, 2015

All the Way Back Home

taken by you
living with you
finding a new way home
thinking 'bout you
holding onto
a feeling of two, alone

and in my head

around and round
i've created a new poem
i've been thinking 'bout you
all the way back home

such a surprise

to look in your eyes
and see that the fire still burns
nothing to say
i'm lovin' today
the world had its way, now our turn

i know you won't 

see anything
i haven't already shown
i've been thinking 'bout you
all the way back home

night is warm and my window is down

thoughts are racing 
through my head like cars
racing through this town
and i CAN'T slow them down

angry with you

happy with you
girl, there's no view we haven't seen
boring and blue, laughing and new
soaring with you
man, i mean...

...that in my head

everything's there
that you've always known
and i've been thinking 'bout you
all about me and you
yeah, i been thinking 'bout you
all the way back home

No comments:

Post a Comment