Tuesday, November 24, 2015

...and That There Tree

I'm thankful fer the thangs I got
I'm thankful I ain't got a lot
this rock, this log, this piece a dirt
these pants, these boots, this ugly shirt

I'm thankful fer the thangs I see
that bush, this rock, and that there tree
I'm thankful fer the thangs I feel
this dirt, these boots, this banana peel

I'm thankful fer the thangs I smell
these pants, this shirt, this ol' seashell
I'm thankful fer the thangs I hear
uh, this rock, and ... oh, these boots, that there steer

I'm thankful fer the thangs I taste
uhm, this dirt, and..uhm, this banana peel, this rocky place(d)
I'm thankful, Lord, fer all my senses
and fer all the awareness that they dispenses

yeah, thank ya God, don't know what I'd do
with all this dirt and these rocks that are here 'cuz a you
and this log and all a my clothes, this bush
and that there banana peel that's turned into mush

that there steer and that ol' seashell mean a lot to me
I keep 'em close 'against that there tree
I'm thankful, tho' I ain't got a lot
Lord, I'm thankful fer the thangs I got

No comments:

Post a Comment