Saturday, November 21, 2015

Don't Let Your Dog Walk You

Dogs can take up all your life
I've spent more time with mine than I have my wife
It seems like I've lost all control:
"Feed me, pet me, let me out, fill up my bowl!"

Here's some advice
I'm going to tell you what to do:
Don't Let Your Dog Walk You!

I'm tired up cleaning up my floor
I'm tired of opening and closing the door
I'm tired of Saturday morning clippers
I'm tired of watching them hump my poor cow slippers

Heed what I say
especially if your pet's brand new
Don't Let Your Dog Walk You!

Summertime and there's nothing like a nice warm bed
You're curled up with your dreams
a nice feeling in your head

A cold nose sniffles into your hand
a snort, a whine, a sneeze
a little bite upon your finger
you hope that wasn't fleas

so you leave your dream behind
and head for the door
unwilling to wear your slippers
your feet cold on the floor

remember when once upon a time
when you were a happy two?
when fur wasn't stuck to everything like glue?
when you had a clue?
take my cue
Don't Let Your Dog Walk You!

No comments:

Post a Comment