Wednesday, November 18, 2015

We Must!

We must, we must
we must not miss the bus!
We must, we must, we must, we must
we must not miss the bus!

we left the cows upon the farms
our car ran out of gas
we're so mad we wave our arms
and call each other 'ass!'

never should there be a time
when patience can't occur
(never should there be a rhyme
that you don't like, monsieur!)

to get downtown is paramount
the doctor might go home
and currently my high blood count
needs lowerin', Jerome!

but more than that I left my shoe
at Liberty and Court
and I don't know just what I'll do
if our trip should fall short!

what's more than that my dog is lost
somewhere in the city
who knows how many streets he's crossed
chasing after Kitty?

plus I owe a guy a buck
we're meeting at a bar
in fifteen minutes, what bad luck!
I hope we get that far

I have a lot that's going on
in the middle of this town
I don't think our chance is gone:
a bus - flag it down!

I will say this one more time
and then I shan't again
unless it happens that I find
myself alone, and then:

we must, we must
we must not miss the bus!
we must, we must, we must, we must 
we must not miss the bus!





No comments:

Post a Comment