Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My Attention

People
what's with people?
they're either trying to live their own lives
or they're trying to get me to notice them

here's a few people I'd like to see:

at the grocery store, the mom with five kids
pulls out a cane and a top hat
and starts dancing and singing
"I got rhythm, I got music
I got five kids, who could ask for anything more!"

that would get my attention

on the corner, the guy with the sign
it says "don't need anything just wanted to say hi
and how much I liked listening to 
'I know this much is true'
by Spandau Ballet
when it was on the radio"

right on, dude! Everyday he'd put up a different song.

the gas station attendant
who blows the beginning of
'Boogie boogie bugle boy"
on a bugle
every time he comes out from inside
the store

until I roll my eyes because I've seen it so many times

a checker at Roth's who juggles my stuff
as he bags it.
whistles 'Sweet Georgia Brown'
and winks at me like it's all a big joke

not to me it isn't, buddy!

a runner who wears a flamboyant yellow outfit
with wings and fins
and jumps up and all around
running down the sidewalk for five miles
doing tricks and twirls every 20 feet or so

now that's exercise! 

If you want to get my attention
don't be subtle
give it to me!
and I'll give it to you.







No comments:

Post a Comment