Saturday, November 21, 2015

Love Reigns

I lit a fire
under my heart
it burns
oh baby
it burns

it's a flame
that reaches the ceiling
a flame that lights up this room!
a flame
that opens the front door
a flame that 
shoots for the stars

my love for you
smolders
quavers
and then snaps like
pitch on a log
the wind blows
and the embers
glow brighter and brighter
until the whole woodpile
explodes
on fire!

too long I've been out of matches
too long I've left the lid
on the gasoline and diesel
too long I've left this fire unstoked
too long since the flame was constant

but the embers now are ablaze
no more ashes to be stirred
don't get the water out
there'll be no drowning this inferno
my love for you opens the front door
and shouts to the star-filled sky

where a million billion stars
are also on fire
love reigns!


No comments:

Post a Comment