Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Another Rainy Day

I watched as my shadow disappeared
and a sprinkle fell on my shoulder
the horizon was now the clouds' frontier
the day got darker and colder

If leaves had wings I bet they'd fly
and rather go up than down
taking their business up to the sky
never once touching the ground

if fir cones and branches would stay
hooked on to the limbs of the trees
and maple tree whirligigs would not come to play
my drive would be clean 'til the freeze

blustery days aren't just for Winnie the Pooh
rain's not just for crabby Eeyore
there's a lot more that rain and wind can do
so I guess I shouldn't get sore

but I like the sun, that big yellow thing
that warms me and helps me to grow
still, whatever the weather happens to bring
it's what God wanted, I know

but wouldn't it be great
if we could, like pizza, order in
rain that wouldn't stay too late
and a double dose of sun on our skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment