Monday, November 2, 2015

Midnight

midnight
I'm awake again and I'm thinking about my life
I've been 
traveling on the edge of a knife
one side is endless searching 
one side's gray, the same old shade
time for me to cut my losses
and get off of this blade

always
searching for something I thought I had to prove 
my heart
stuck in the mud while my feet were on the move
leading me to dead end streets
leading me to wonder how
can I see the future without taking care of now?

and I want to know how...

He was brave, he was brave until the end
and he saved me, he saved me from within
he forgave me, he forgave me of my sin
won't you tell me His story again?

every
thing I've done comes tumbling back to me
many times 
I forgot to ask for grace and dignity
now I stand before His glory and I ask forgiveness please
let me start again in you
I have fallen on my knees 

and I want to know how..

you were brave, you were brave until the end
and you saved me, yes you saved me from within
you forgave me, you forgave me of my sin
won't you tell me your story again?

Midnight
I'm awake again and I'm thinking about my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment