Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Reason is Simple

Why do I dress 
the way I do?
My polka-dot tie
tucked into my shoe

this cammo shirt 
these striped dress pants
an orchid broach
that I think was my aunt's

socks of many colors
hats of many sizes
are generally of what 
my wardrobe comprises

my belt is bandanas 
and twist tie tops
my shoe strings from
a ukulele that belonged to my pops

my underwear I shall not mention
because when unmentionables
are mentioned there is no prevention
for the lingering tension
that's beyond comprehension:
they're just there for suspension!
(there is the contention 
they get too much attention
at least in Victoria's 
secret dimension)

my gloves don't match
my watch has a scratch
infinity begins
for my scarf never ends

So why do I dress 
the way I do
looking like 
I have no clue?

the fashion police
had no warning
my wife wasn't up 
when I left home this morning.







No comments:

Post a Comment