Sunday, November 1, 2015

It's Cool (wait- did I forget something?)

Why must I wait until it's time to go to bed
to undo all the things I've done or say what I left unsaid?
Why must I wait until there's nothing else to do
except brush my teeth, take my pills, and put away my shoe?

Why must I wait until everyone's gone home
to then remember that I don't like being alone?
Why must I wait until after the party's done
to realize that I like to sit and visit with everyone?

Why must the evening always end too soon?
I can't remember everything before I start to swoon
and so it always ends up that I stay up too late
to do everything that I didn't do when I was awake

The lunch for tomorrow, the ironing of my clothes
sitting watching tv instead's what I chose
Is there gas in the car? Is there air in the tires?
Have I arranged all the supplies I need from all of my suppliers?

I guess I'll just make some mocha, get in bed, open a book
I can't believe you'd get anywhere by taking a second look
It's true that I never did homework in school
For in my little world procrastination is cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment