Thursday, November 12, 2015

Summer Dream

I woke up dreaming last night
I saw your face in my mind
I didn't turn on the light

A staircase leading below
wind opening up a door
a feeling 
going insane

A field of blooming flowers
a light from who knows where?
the minutes turning to hours

a world so frantic
a world so hazy
the spinning of my mind makes everything 
seem crazy...

(Oh hold me, reassuringly
let me stay inside your arms 'til I'm asleep
and then the world I build
will be deliciously dark
and deep)

I turned the switch on the wall
I gazed away from the door
I heard a fainting voice call

an echoing of a phrase
the summer turning to fall
someone's calling me home...
                                            someone's calling me home...
                                                                                        someone's calling me home..
                                                                                                                          someone's call

No comments:

Post a Comment