Monday, November 16, 2015

Tomorrow's a Busy Day

When I get up in the morning
I'm going to go down on my knees and pray
that the world holds together
for, please God, at least one more day

Before Jesus comes again
there are some things that I'd like to see
the Northern Lights ablaze
the pyramids in Egypt, the Sea of Galilee

before the tribulation
there are some people I'd like to talk to
Stevie Wonder, Barack Obama,
Billy Graham, to name a few

before he throws the evil one down
there are some books I'd like to read
A Tale of Two Cities, Les Miserables,
The Bridge of San Luis Rey,
and a few more that I need

Before this world is over
there are some things I'd like to say
to all the people I've never talked to
to you and her and him and they

Hmm, maybe when I get up tomorrow
and fall on my knees to pray
I think I'd better ask my Jesus
for more than just one day

or, if he decides to come tomorrow
that'd be ok





No comments:

Post a Comment